Thursday, May 29, 2014

Spider!!

We were enjoying a Memorial Day dinner on our back patio when my son noticed this spider beneath his feet. And after searching on the web I came up with the reference to a false black widow. Now I am freaking out. If you search the web long enough you can find various definitions of how poisonous they are, from, its "bite is significantly less dangerous to humans" to stories of mass panic (mainly only from the UK - they must have had an infestation of a certain subspecies that actually were more dangerous). They will prey on actual black widows, so that must be a good thing. But I'm still worried. My spider-loving family let it go on its merry way. What if there are hundreds of babies?? Hopefully it was just passing through our yard rather than taking up permanent residence.




No comments:

Post a Comment