Monday, April 7, 2014

Fresh soil for a new start

Time to get to work. We had 3 yards of soil and 1 yard of compost delivered two weeks ago. The soil in our garden wasn't looking so good so I thought we needed an update. It's strange how when you live in a house that was built around 1945, with multiple residents over the years, you start to notice bits of strange things pop up every now and then from the ground, like bits of ceramic plates and glass. Plus, I had the crazy idea to try and compost some of those clear compostable cups a couple years ago and they still haven't broken down. Their shredded pieces were still hanging around in our compost. So we replaced the soil and now we are ready to garden. I have a row of Walla Walla onion starts down at the end of the garden so far and some peas waiting to sprout.

I also have a geranium waiting to be potted. I have a hard time passing by geraniums.

No comments:

Post a Comment