Friday, July 25, 2014

Portland Art Museum's Tuileries Garden Exhibit






In early July I was able to make it to the Portland Art Museum to see the exhibit "The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden." I wanted to see this since I visited the Louvre in Paris many years ago, but hadn't had the chance to explore the gardens. Inside the Portland Art Museum's exhibit are many full size statues and scupltures (some replicas and some not). It was an interesting exhibit and I wasn't aware of the story of the Tuileries Palace, and it having been set on fire in 1871.


Portland Art Museum has asked its visitors to help them capture "Parklandia" by sharing photos of favorite Portland parks on Instagram (#captureParklandia). Although this is a very bad photo, I have a picture of my favorite sculpture, Theodore Roosevelt, Rough Rider, which is actually located in the South Park Blocks, right in front of the museum.
The Tuileries Garden exhibit runs through September 21.


No comments:

Post a Comment