Monday, July 14, 2014

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 2014

I made it to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show this past Saturday in Sisters, Oregon. There were quilts lining the storefronts on three streets (each stretching about six or seven blocks long). It was a super hot day and the quilts were great. Here are a few pictures...






This quilt titled Tile Works III is by Mary Kay Price. The description reads "Hand dyed cotton fabrics brushed with Shiva Oil sticks to suggest tiles." I think it looks like stained glass too.


"What Does the Fox Say?" After close examination of the photo I could see that this quilt was made by Elizabeth Hartman and is titled Fancy Fox. This is a nice coincidence since I am currently finishing up a baby quilt for a relative and I based it on Hartman's instructions for her Small Plates quilt from her book "The Practical Guide to Patchwork."



The Central Oregon Modern Quilt Guild's theme was the Ohio Star.


 Some quilting detail.


 Ric rac embellishes this quilt and also outlines.


 Landscape quilts.


 Whimsical quilting.


 This reminds me of glass mosaic tiles.

 The Portland Modern Quilt Guild's exhibit area.






No comments:

Post a Comment